It is easier to move all old and new emails from one Gmail account to another as discussed in How to Transfer Email from One Gmail Account to Another Gmail Account.
But sometimes one needs to transfer only specific set of emails from one Gmail account to another. The best and easy way to do this is by using an email client over IMAP.
Step-by-Step guide to move copy specific emails or batch of emails from one Gmail account to another absolutely free
The one I have personally used is Mozilla’s Thunderbird email client. Yes, it is not very fancy looking, but it will do the trick very smoothly.
Changing name of business or trying to copy your emails from office email account to personal email account?
Download Thunderbird and install it on your Laptop or PC. Now you have to add the email accounts in Thunderbird between which you want to move or copy specific emails using steps below.
- Launch Thunderbird Client.
- Click on Accounts>Create a new account>Email, a pop-up will emerge.
- At the bottom of pop-up click the button with text “Skip this and use my existing email”.
- In next pop-up, specify your name, email and password and click on continue.
- Choose IMAP option now and click on “Done”.
- Now, in the next screen login to your email account with username and password as asked.
- Allow the permission to connection with Thunderbird client then.
- Now, the email account will be visible in your Thunderbird client on the left side.
- You will now notice no or few folders listed under the account name in the client.
- To add all the folders and labels in your email account, Click on Advanced Features>Manage Folder Subscriptions or right-click on the email on the left side and click on Subscribe.
- A pop-up will emerge, check the boxes in front of all those folders you want to add, click on subscribe and then OK.
- Wait a minute, collapse and expand the email link on the left side, now you will see all the specified labels.
- Repeat this procedure to add all the email accounts to the Thunderbird client.
- Now, select the emails which you want to move or copy from one Gmail account to another, either one by one or ctr+select multiple emails from your email account and right-click, select the move or copy option, then select the target email account and the target label or folder to move or copy selected emails to that.
This procedure can not only be used for Gmail Accounts but all the different types of email accounts of various email service providers Thunderbird can connect to.