Step-by-Step guide to move copy specific emails or batch of emails from one gmail account to another absolutely free
It is easier to move all old and new emails from one gmail account to another as discussed in How to Transfer Email from One Gmail Account to Another Gmail Account.
But sometimes one needs to transfer only specific set of emails from one gmail account to another. The best and easy way to do this is by using an email client over IMAP.
The one I have personally used is Mozilla’s Thunderbird email client. Yes, it is not very fancy looking, but it will do the trick very smoothly.
Changing name of business or trying to copy your emails from office email account to personal email account?
Download Thunderbird and install it on your Laptop or PC. Now you have to add the email accounts in Thunderbird between which you want to move or copy specific emails using steps below.
- Launch Thunderbird Client.
- Click on Accounts>Create a new account>Email, a popup will emerge.
- At the bottom of popup click the button with text “Skip this and use my existing email”.
- In next popup, specify your name, email and password and click on continue.
- Choose IMAP option now and click on “Done”.
- Now, in the next screen login to your email account with username and password as asked.
- Allow the permission to connection with Thunderbird client then.
- Now, the email account will be visible in your Thunderbird client on the left side.
- You will now notice that no or few folders are listed under the account name in the client.
- To add all the folders and labels in your email account, Click on Advanced Features>Manage Folder Subscriptions or right click on the email on the left side and click on Subscribe.
- A popup will emerge, check the boxes in front of all those folders you want to add, click on subscribe and then OK.
- Wait a minute, collapse and expand the email link on the left side, now you will see all the specified labels.
- Repeat this procedure to add all the email accounts to the Thunderbird client.
- Now, select the emails which you want to move or copy from one gmail account to another, either one by one or ctrl+select multiple emails from your email account and right click, select the move or copy option, then select the target email account and the target label or folder to move or copy selected emails to that.
This procedure can not only be used for Gmail Accounts but all the different types of email accounts of various email service providers Thunderbird can connect to.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.